In: chimneysweepers0

The Reasons for Using a Chimney Sweeper and Dangers of Carbon Monoxide

Jordan Brothers provide chimney sweeping and birds nest removal services. We have vast experience of over 25 years’ experience. We cover all parts of North London, Essex and Hertfordshire.

Our reputation means a great deal to us and we always try to help solve our customer problems.

Why You Need a Chimney Sweeper

It is important to get the chimneys inspected and swept to make sure there is no carbon monoxide present within the property. There is a need to provide the property with assistance to help release the toxic build-up of harmful gases. The use of a chimney cannot be undermined and it is important to maintain the chimney to make sure it performs its functions.

The risks linked with carbon monoxide is to do with the risk of a fire outbreak within the property or the build-up of carbon monoxide would increase the risks to health. It might be the case through negligence health and safety are put at risk. There is a need to make sure there are sufficient procedures in place which help to protect the property.

Prevention is better than cure

It is important to be aware of the dangers of carbon monoxide and to fully understand its side effects. There it is a good idea to make sure appliances are kept in good condition to minimise the chances of the release of carbon monoxide. Therefore, it would be a good idea for the fuel used in the appliances to burn fully. The lack of proper burning of the fuel can lead to the release of carbon monoxide.

We aim to solve all your chimney related problems fast and have a quick turnaround time. The aim is to make sure the correct methods are used to fix the issues. It is not just about solving the problems but also to provide a service which means the most effective means are found to help identify the issue. It is therefore important to understand by using a professional chimney sweeper who has the knowledge to fix the chimney related issues.

It might not be a good idea to try to solve the problems yourself as it could mean the correct methods are not followed and which would make the problem worse.

The main concern is carbon monoxide, silent killer. The dangerous aspect of carbon monoxide is it is fatal. Amongst other things household appliances such as fireplaces and blocked chimneys could be a cause for carbon monoxide.

 The maintenance of a property is not easy and there are always costs associated with improvement and maintaining the property. It would be a good idea to figure the costs o not only paying the bills but how must it costs for repairs and maintenance.

Don’t Expose Your Property to Unnecessary Risks

It would be important to reduce the risks attached to the property by taking into consideration the points as highlighted below: 

  1. There are many aspects by which ha protect can be protected and it is important to take into consideration various risks. For instance, the chimney would have to be regularly swept to prevent various risks.
  • It would be a case of using a professional chimney sweeper to sweep the chimney. The use of a professional chimney sweeper could help prevent chimney fires. Furthermore, by getting the chimney swept it would help in minimising chimney smell.
  • Also, it is a good idea to consult a chimney sweeper on how to stop birds, animals and pests from entering the chimney. Since animals and birds can use the chimney to make a nest which could prevent the carbon monoxide from escaping the chimney.
  • It is very important to protect yourself from various risk linked with chimneys and to have peace of mind.
  • The issue of carbon monoxide should not be taken lightly. It is important to take into consideration the type of appliances being used within the property. It is a common factor that the type of appliances such as boilers, fireplaces, stoves and chimneys may be a factor in the increase of carbon monoxide within the property.
  • There it is a good idea to prevent the spread of dangerous hazards within the property. It would be a good idea to get some expert to advise and seek the best solution for protecting the health from the adverse effects of using the chimney and fireplace. Also, there can be lung-related problems with not the releasing of the dangerous gasses within the atmosphere. There is a need to recognize the symptoms which can include headaches, weakness, dizziness, blurred vision etc, etc.
  • it is often the case in the event of ventilation not functioning and the flue is blocked. This can lead to the toxic fumes not able to effectively escape the property and lead to the fumes being dangerous for health. It is always a good idea to carry out health safety checks to make sure the is no release of carbon monoxide within the property.            
  • The blocked chimneys also have an adverse effect on the property and not let the toxic fumes to release out of the property. Furthermore, household appliances need to be checked to make sure they do not pose a risk and the carbon monoxide can escape the property.

Services We Provide

Bird Nest Removal

Any type of blockage removals

Free inspection and inspection of smoke test

 Call Now For a Free Quotation

Advantages of hiring Jordan Brothers

Fully insured

Members of chimney association


Fast response service

Use the most update and advance technologies

Give Jordan Brother a ring to book a free consultation


020 8360 1515 | 07855 931 070


Disclaimer: This article provides general information and does not intend to give legal or professional advice. Therefore Jordan Brothers provide no warranty or accept liability based on the contents and information in this article or website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *